Pulled Butter Chicken Sandwich
Delicious pulled butter chicken sandwich. Not just some ordinary sandwich, it's butter chicken!
Stepping out of our comfort zone today and trying out new delicious food combinations. I guess this might be one of the main purposes of having different cultures in this world... so we can get together and have yummy food! 😋
- 1 tub of Butter chicken sauce
- ½ can (5.5 oz/156 ml) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Sea Salt to taste
- 4 whole grain burger buns, toasted
Defrost the sauce, sauce will be thick
Add chicken breasts; press down firmly and flip to coat with some of the sauce
Cover chicken and microwave on high, 9 min, or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, prepare the yogurt sauce.
4. Discard cilantro stems. Coarsely chop leaves; place in a bowl.
5. Stir in yogurt and lemon juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, let rest for 2 min, then uncover. Remove chicken to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred chicken. Stir back into sauce (in the steamer), including any juices on the cutting board.
7. Divide chicken mixture on the bottom half of each bun; spread top bun with yogurt sauce, then cover.