A soup which is creamy and you would like it again and again. The recipe which is vegan and GF.
- 1 tbsp oil (sunflower or extra virgin)
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 500 gms of carrot
- 2 tbsp celery chopped
- Salt to taste
- 5 cups of water or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp Shivani’s Garam masala
- 2 tsp chopped parsley or cilantro
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup croutons
- In a thick bottom pan heat the oil, add onions and garlic to it.
- Saute on medium flame until the onion soften
- Add chopped carrots, celery, and salt with garam masala. Mix it
- Pour the water or vegetable stock and cover with lid. Simmer on low to medium flame unless the carrots become soft.
- Make sure that liquid is not dried off. If it gets dried add ½ cup more water.
- After the carrots are cooked. We are ready to blend the carrots with the left over liquid.’
- Blend to a smooth puree, while blending add more ½ cup water depdnign on the consistency you would like.
- Place the entire pureed carrot to the same pot and turn on the flame.
- Keep on stirring the soup and once boiling add parsley or cilantro
- Switch off the flame and add your ¼ tsp lemon juice.
Serve carrot soup in a bowl or cup and garnish it with croutons and enjoy your winter with HOT SOUP!