- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil/ Butter/ Canola Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- One can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp Sk’s garam masala
- 1 ½ teaspoon Sk’s Curry Masala
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, or to taste (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet. Add ginger and garlic sauté it till they start turning brown
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Time to add tomatoes and Sk’s Curry powder.
- Saute the onion tomato paste till it becomes totally mushy and starts oozing butter from sides.
- Add the chickpeas then cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- This should be moist and stewlike, but not soupy; add a little more water, if needed.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt. Serve on its own in shallow bowls or over a hot cooked grain, if desired.