I have always eaten Paneer Paratha as it is, because that's what my mom taught me. But then my son taught me how to make even more delicious.
- 2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup water or add as required
- 1 tsp salt
- 350 gm of paneer
- cilantro finely chopped
- green chillies (if you like spicy)
- one medium onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp salt ( or as required)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (if available)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- Ghee or unsalted butter (slightly melted) to roast
For Cheesy Stuffing
- 100 gm of Cheddar cheese
Let's make it!
- Take the whole wheat flour add salt to it and water as required to knead. Please knead to make a good dough. Not too soft not too hard. cover the dough and rest it for 20 mins
- On other side grate the cottage cheese and onions and spices mentioned in the stuffing section other than butter and mix it properly.
- After the dough has rested knead it once again 2-3 times and start making round balls.
- Take one round ball, roll in your palms to make it even from all sides
- Take small bowl of whole wheat flour keep it separate. Now roll the ball into the whole wheat flour so that the ball is covered in flour and with a rolling pin make a round shape 4 inch in diameter.
- Now put the paneer stuffing in the round shape in centre and fold it from all the sides so that no paneer stuffing comes out. Press it nicely.
- Sprinkle some flour on the rolled paratha and with a rolling pin again make a round shape out of it in 6-7 inch diameter.
Make paratha on grill
- Heat a flat pan or tava and let it warm, and then put the rolled paratha on it. When one side is cooked to 1/4 then flip its sides. and let the other side get cooked 1/4.
- Flip again and put ghee with a spoon spread it evenly. Flip it and with the same spoon but no ghee on it press it but keep the spoon moving.
- Now flip it over you will see golden brownish spots, your paratha is ready.
Let's make it cheezy
- The paratha is still hot with a knife, make incisions on it and cut like you would cut a pizza. Be careful when you are cutting dont cut the entire paratha but only such that one side of the bread opens.
- Flap open the paratha and grate your cheese on it. Serve it like it is or you can cover it back with the flaps so that cheese gets melted.
- Serve it immediately!