I couldn't wait for summer to make this amazing Italian dish to which I added my Garam Masala. With not many spices and the tiny veggies you concentrate on the flavour and infuse cream with it.
- 1 small yellow onion diced small.
- 2 small carrots- cut 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium celery stalk- 1/4 inch dice
- 3 tbsp ghee/ unsalted butter
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 medium zuchinni
- 4 sprigs fat leaf parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano - Reggiano
- 10 ounces Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (i personally like 18 %)
Let's make it
- Peel and dice the onion really small. put butter in a skillet, once butter warm, add onion saute it for 1 min. Add carrots and celery , brown everything together, on a medium high heat for 5 mins
- On other side fill a skillet with water and place over high heat. Cut off the woody bottom part of asparagus , then peel the remaining bottom 3rd. Add1 tsp salt to water and then put the asparagus in it. Cook for 5 mins until the asparagus is tender. Take them out
- On 3rd side boil 6 quarts of water for your pasta. place over high heat bring it boil and add 2 tbsp salt and pasta.
- Wash the zucchini and cut it into quarters, removing the ends. From the pepper remove the seeds and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Now add the zucchini and pepper to the veggies which are getting sauted, add generous amount of salt and pepper. . Cook for 15 mins/
- When zucchini is cooked add asparagus (cut it into 1 inch pieces) to the veggies and cook again for 1 mins.
- Cut parsley really small and cream to the veggies. And cook till the cream is thickened.
- On other side once your pasta is soft, drain it and toss it with the cream veggie sauce. Now add the 1/4 tsp garam masala. Add freshly grated Parmigiano - Reggiano and serve at once. And now enjoy the smell of amazing gram masala in your Italian pasta.