Winter time and the flu season is up. Did you know Garlic has properties to fight cold and flu. So I made a garlic flavoured dal. And if you have an instapot, so this is the perfect little recipe.
-1 cup split pigeons (toor dal)
- 1 table spoon oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp curry masala
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cup water
- cilantro garnish
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- rinse your lentil 2 times with cold water and then soak it for 15 mins.
- press the saute button in instapot and add oil, allow it to heat up for a min.
- add cumin seeds, let them splutter.
- add garlic make them brown, add curry masala
- quickly add the soaked dal without water.
- stir it.
- add 3 cup water, secure the lid close the pressure walve and cook for 7 mins at high pressure.
- naturally release the pressure.
- Once open add garam masala and garnish with cilantro and serve it with rice.
FIND OUR SPICES ON SOBEYS, PETES AND BEDFORD FARMERS MARKET.