Blanch your spinach
- 3 cups of water
- 2 lbs of spinach
- ½ inch of ginger
- 2-3 thai green chillies
In the boiling water add spinach. Once the spinach is reduced. Remove the spinach and add to cold water. We do this so that we don’t lose the colour of spinach.
Lets make palak paneer
- Take 425 gm of paneer cut them in the shapes you desire.
- 2 tbsp salted or unsalted butter
- one medium sized onions diced small
- 2 big tomatoes diced
- ginger 1/2 inch grated.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
Lets make it
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan
- one medium sized onions diced small, add it to your butter
- Make your onions soft and translucent
- Add tomatoes and ginger
- Add salt to taste
- Make it mushy
- Add spices, turmeric, garam masala.
- Now add paneer to it and at slow flame cover it for 6-8 mins.
- Add around 4 ounce of spinach sauce.
- Add one cup of water.
- And let everything boil together for 8-10 mins.
- You can add 2 tbsp of 18% cream at the end (optional)
If you want to make healthy palak paneer use low fat paneer. And do not add cream at the end.
Find our spices @Petes and @Sobeys