What is palak? – Spinach
Paneer? Indian cottage choose
So this palak paneer is made with spinach and cottage cheese together.
Let us make the spinach sauce first
- 3 cups of water
- 2 lbs of spinach
- ½ inch of ginger
- 2-3 thai green chillies
In the boiling water add spinach. Once the spinach is reduced. Remove the spinach and add to cold water. We do this so that we don’t lose the colour of spinach.
Lets make palak paneer
- Take 425 gm of paneer cut them in the shapes you desire.
- Add into the pan, add your tikka sauce.
- Add salt to taste
- Add around 4 ounce of spinach sauce.
- Add one cup of water.
- And let everything boil together for 8-10 mins.
- You can add 2 tbsp of 18% cream at the end (optional)
Tips- I always use spinach bought fresh from farmers market. My favourite spinach is from Noberts (seaport farmers market & Tantallon farmers market).
I make spinach sauce ready in my fridge and whenever I am in mood to have palak paneer I use it. It is good in fridge for 2 weeks.
Shivani's tikka sauce is available at Petes and online.