I wanted to do something different with my haddock fish other than the wet curry, so I tried this and it turned out amazing. Mind it I have used vindaloo masala for this as I like spicy
- 300 gm of haddock
- Vindaloo masala
- Curry leaves chopped – 1 tsp (optional)
- Cilantro leaves – 2 tbsp
- 1tbsp plain yogurt
- Onion – half cup
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Salt as reqd
- Ginger – 1 inch minced
- Garlic 1 clove minced
- Mustard oil 1 tsp
Lets make it
- Marinate the haddock with mustard oil (1 tsp), ½ tsp vindaloo masala, salt, ginger and garlic for around 20-25 mins.
- On other side dice the onion small and take 1 tbsp of mustard oil, add the onion caramelise them. Please take a non- stick pan
- Once onions are brown add cilantro leaves and together saute them for 2 mins.
- Now take the onions and cilantro remove from the pan and add little bit more oil (1 tbsp) in the centre to the same pan and kind of fry the haddock in that oil on medium flame.
- Once haddock starts to get brown, flip the sides and brown it from other sides too. Now add the onion and cilantro mixture to the haddock and break the haddock and mix it nicely with the onion cilantro mixture. Add ½ tsp of vindaloo masala more now.
- Saute this for 5 mins at a medium flame. Turn off the flame and cover it with a lid.
- After 5 mins garnish with more fresh cilantro leaves and serve with your basmati rice!