- 1 lb boneless pork or chicken breast or lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbs oil
- 3 onions
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes/ canned tomatoes
- 2 ½ tbsp. Sk Vindaloo Masala
- 1 tbsp red paprika (optional to make spicy)
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp tamarind paste / lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup water or more if necessary
- 1 tbs fresh coriander leaves, chopped finely
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 6-7 curry leaves
Lets make it
In a large heavy-based pot, heat oil on medium and fry onion(s) and fry until caramelized and golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Add tomatoes and fry for one minute.
Add Sk Vindaloo masala and salt
Fry until spices are well blended. Add meat and mix. Cover with lid and cook until meat loses its pinkness. Add water and cook on low heat until meat is tender. Add vinegar, tamarind paste and sugar and simmer until tender and cooked.
In a separate small pan, heat tempering oil on medium heat. Add curry leaves, When leaves turn crisp and dark, pour oil over the Vindaloo and simmer for one to two minutes.
This dish should have a rich, thick sauce. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with coriander. Serve with rice.