Butter chicken poutine
The indian twist Butter Chicken poutine- can be easily. made at home. And is a must try
- 1 pack of Shivani's Butter chicken sauce
- 2 - 3 chicken thighs, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Butter chicken spice blend
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 450g potatoes, cut into 1½ cm chips
or bought oven-baked chips
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- A good handful of cheese curds (optional)
- A little chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Let us make it.
Marinade your chicken with the butter chicken spice, ginger garlic paste, yogurt for 2 hours.
Bake your over 180C and place your chicken and let it cook.
Heat your fryer or a saucepan of vegetable oil to 120°C. Add your chips and cook until done (but not coloured), 5 mins or so. Remove and set aside for now but increase the heat to of the oil to 160°C.
Meanwhile in a sauce pan take out the butter chicken sauce add water or chicken stock to make a light creamy gravy.
Meanwhile, finish the chips. Add them back to the fryer and cook until crisp and golden brown.
To serve, place the chips in a bowl and pour over the butter chicken gravy. Top with the grilled chicken and cheese curds. Garnish with chopped herbs and serve. Yummy!!!