Butter Chicken Poutine with Shivani's Butter Chicken Sauce
This Indian twist Butter Chicken poutine can be made easily at home. And is a must try. After all in Canada it's the ultimate comfort food!
- 1 pack of Shivan's Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 - 3 chicken thighs, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Butter chicken spice blend
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- 450g potatoes, cut into 1½ cm chips
or bought oven-baked chips
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- A good handful of cheese curds (optional)
- A little chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Let's make it!
Marinade your chicken with the butter chicken spice, ginger garlic paste, yogurt for 2 hours.
Bake your over 180C and place your chicken and let it cook.
Heat your fryer or a saucepan of vegetable oil to 120°C. Add your chips and cook until done (but not coloured), 5 mins or so. Remove and set aside for now but increase the heat to of the oil to 160°C.
Meanwhile in a sauce pan take out the butter chicken sauce add water or chicken stock to make a light creamy gravy.
Meanwhile, finish the chips. Add them back to the fryer and cook until crisp and golden brown.
To serve, place the chips in a bowl and pour over the butter chicken gravy. Top with the grilled chicken and cheese curds. Garnish with chopped herbs and serve. Yummy!!!
All Shivani's Kitchen Ready to Use Sauces are salt-free, gluten-free and have no preservatives! We use fresh ingredients from our local farmers. Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.