Chicken Tikka Baguette Sandwich with Shivani's Garam Masala Spice
- 1 tbsp of Shivani's Garam Masala Spice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (substitute - thai green chillies with seeds in )
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 3 small chicken breast or 4 thighs, skinned, boned and sliced
- 25g cilantro, leaves and stalks
- 10g mint leaves
- 4-5 thai green chillies (if you like it spicy)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or to taste
- 1½ tbsp water
- ½ small clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 small baguettes or similar sandwich type bread
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and soft butter to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add your chicken in and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add your garam masala and salt on the top of it and cook gently at a reduced flame for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, blend together the herbs, garlic, lemon juice and seasoning. Add the water to help bring it all together, the smoother it is the better. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Check the chicken and remove from the heat once done. Slice the baguette in half, keeping one side still attached, spread butter over one side. Spread the green chutney generously on the other side. Place the chicken on top, adding a little of the sauce as you do. Top with the tomatoes and lettuce. Cut into 3 or 4 pieces and serve hot.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.