Curried Turkey Sandwich with Shivani's Curry Masala Spice
The end of summer is here, and I already feel Fall in the air. There is sadness, but also a happiness like the feeling of meeting old friends again.
On the sad side, those long summer days of not having to so fastidiously plan the next meal are noticeably gone too, and it's time to start wrapping your head around planning your kids' school lunch every day. You don't need to pack the same ol' thing. Shivani's Kitchen has a solution- Here is one of our favorite sandwich recipes- It's easy to make too!
- 1.5 lbs skinless/boneless chicken or turkey breast
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 5 tsp Shivani's Curry Masala Spice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1 medium onion sliced round thin
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- chicken breast/ turkey breast with Shivani's Kitchen Curry Masala Spice, salt, paprika, oil, paprika.
- When ready to grill, heat grill over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and grill until internal temperature reaches 165°, (6 to 8 minutes per side).
- Remove from grill and place on a plate to keep warm. Place sliced onions on grill and cook until lightly charred, about 3 minutes per side.
- Brush inside of buns with butter and grill until golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dice the cooked chicken/ turkey and add mayonnaise, some more salt and paprika (optional) and mix it nicely
- Spread your chicken mix on bottom bun and top with, grilled onions, tomatoes and lettuce.
All of our spice blends can be found at the following: locations
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Made in Nova Scotia.