Deep Fried Fish
- 500g (1 lb) fresh fish
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Valley Kitchen All-purpose flour
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Valley Kitchen All-purpose flour
- 5ml (1 tsp) Shivani's Kitchen Garam Masala
- 2 egg whites
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- extra water as necessary to maintain a thin batter
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180 C (350F).
- Cut the fish into serving size pieces.
- Dust each piece with the first ¼ cup of Valley Kitchen All-purpose flour.
- Mix the second 1/2 cup of the Valley Kitchen All-purpose flour with Shivani’s Kitchen Garam Masala.
- Whisk the egg white and water together.
- Combine the egg/water mix and seasoned All-purpose flour.
- Whisk to blend into a thin batter. Use additional water, if necessary.
- Coat the dusted fish with batter, allowing excess to drip off.
- Using long tongs, hold the battered fish in the hot fat for a few seconds and then release.
- Cook for 4 -5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cut.
Make a simple multi-purpose dipping sauce (adjust to taste)
Heat 2 tsp Shivani’s Kitchen curry in 1 to 2 Tbsp of butter or vegetable oil. Stir into ½ cup mayonnaise.