Creamy Vegan Fettucinne with Shivani's Garam Masala Spice
I couldn't wait for summer to make this amazing Italian dish and added my Indian twist with my Garam Masala Spice. With not many spices and the tiny veggies you can concentrate on the flavour and infuse it with cream!.
- 1 small yellow onion diced small.
- 2 small carrots- cut 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium celery stalk- 1/4 inch dice
- 3 tbsp ghee/ unsalted butter
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 medium zuchinni
- 4 sprigs fat leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp Shivani's Kitchen Garam Masala Spice
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano - Reggiano
- 10 ounces Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (i personally like 18 %)
Let's make it
- Peel and dice the onion really small. Place butter in a skillet, once butter is warm, add onion and saute it for 1 min. Add carrots and celery, brown everything together on a medium high heat for 5 mins.
- On other side fill a skillet with water and place over high heat. Cut off the woody bottom part of asparagus, then peel the remaining bottom. Add1 tsp salt to water and place asparagus in skillet. Cook for 5 mins until asparagus is tender. Take out.
- Boil 6 quarts of water for your pasta. Place over high heat and bring it to a boil. Then add 2 tbsp salt and pasta.
- Wash the zucchini and cut it into quarters, removing the ends. Remove the sees from the pepper and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Now add the zucchini and pepper to the veggies that are getting sauted; add generous amount of salt and pepper. Cook for 15 mins.
- When zucchini is cooked add asparagus (cut it into 1 inch pieces) to the veggies and cook for 1 minute.
- Cut parsley really small and cream to the veggies. And cook till the cream is thickened.
- When your pasta is soft, drain it and toss it with the cream veggie sauce. Now add the 1/4 tsp garam masala. Add freshly grated Parmigiano - Reggiano and serve at once. And now enjoy an Indian flavor and the smell of amazing gram masala in your Italian pasta.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Made in Nova Scotia.