Garam masala and parsley butter for roasting chicken
- Melted salted butter 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Chopped parsley 1/4 cup
- Grated Lemon rind
- Salt to your taste
- Pepper 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- Yogurt for brushing
- Combine soft butter, garam masala, chopped parsley and grated lemon rind, Garlic and season with salt and pepper. Separate the skin from the chicken breast meat, being careful not to tear the skin. Spoon the butter under the skin, smooth the skin with your hands to evenly distribute, then rub remaining butter over the top. Marinade for 30 mins to overnight (you choose)
- Arrange the rack in the center of the oven and heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from marinade, let any excess drip off, and reserve marinade. Let chicken sit at room temperature while oven warms up, about 30 minutes
- Place chicken, breast side up
- Brush yogurt on chicken and continue roasting until chicken is well browned, juices run clear when inner thigh is pierced with a knife, legs move easily in the joint, and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the thigh registers160 to 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about another 40 to 50 minutes. Let chicken rest at least 10 to 15 minutes before serving.