Garlic flavoured Dal with Shivani's Curry Masala and Garam Masala Spices (Instapot)
Is it the flu season yet? Even if it isn't it's always good to keep your resistance strong. Did you know Garlic has properties to fight a cold and the flu? I made a garlic flavoured Dal. And if you have an instapot, even better. This is the perfect little recipe.
-1 cup split Pigeon Peas (toor dal)
(Also known as “toor dal,” Split Pigeon Peas are one of the most popular pulses in India. These hulled, split legumes break down easily when cooked, making them an ideal thickener for curries, soups and stews.)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Shivani's Kitchen Curry Masala Spice
- 8 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cup water
- cilantro garnish
- 1/2 tsp Shivani's Kitchen Garam Masala Spice
Let's Make it:
- Rinse your lentils 2 times with cold water and then soak for 15 mins.
- Press the saute button in instapot and add oil, allow it to heat up for a min.
- Add cumin seeds, let them splutter.
- Add garlic make them brown, add Shivani's Curry Masala Spice.
- Add the soaked dal quickly without water.
- Stir it.
- Add 3 cup water, secure the lid close the pressure valve and cook for 7 mins at high pressure.
- Naturally release the pressure.
- Once open add Shivani's Garam Masala Spice and garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Made in Nova Scotia.