Gluten Free Patty with Shivnani's Garam Masala Spice
- 4 potatoes boiled
- 200g cooked chickpeas, drained
- 30ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 5-6 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 5cm (1in) ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Shivani’s Garam Masala Spice
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp Chickpea flour
- 75ml (5 tbsp) water
- 5ml (½ tsp) sea salt
- 2 tbsp corn flour or rice flour (optional)
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs (optional)
- Oil needed for pan frying
How to make the patty
- Boil potatoes until just cooked, make sure they don’t become too mushy, they should be firm.
- Cool them, in room temperature, not under water.
- Grate the potatoes, and chickpeas (strain it) mash them together. Make sure there are no chunks.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and green thai chillies (please do not remove the seeds and add them only if you like the spice kick)
- Add chickpea flour, corn flour and bread crumbs now.
- Add garam masala, salt, chilli powder.
- On other side, take a small pan, add 1 tsp of oil and once warm, season it with garlic, and once brown, remove it from your flame. Once cold add it to the potato chickpea misture.
- Divide the mixture to equal parts and make the balls.
- Flatten them .
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them until golden. Keep flipping them to both sides and fry.
- You can also grill it in the preheated oven at 180 degree C for 30 min or until they are crisp. Brush them with oil and change the sides in between.
- Serve the patty in your bun! Delicious!!!
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Made in Nova Scotia.