Palak Paneer with Shivani's Garam Masala Spice
Delicious and nutritious Palak Paneer
Blanch your spinach
- 3 cups of water
- 2 lbs of spinach
- ½ inch of ginger
- 2-3 Thai green chilies
Add spinach to boiling water. Once the spinach is cooked, remove and add to cold water. This is done so the spinach doesn't loose its color.
- Take 425 gm of paneer cut them in the shapes you desire.
- 2 tbsp salted or unsalted butter
- 1 medium sized onion diced small
- 2 big tomatoes diced
- ginger 1/2 inch grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Spice
Lets make it!
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan.
- Add one medium sized onion (diced small) to butter. Make your onions soft and translucent
- Add tomatoes and ginger. Add salt to taste. Make it mushy.
- Add spices, turmeric, and Shivani's Garam Masala Spice Blend.
- Now add your paneer and at slow flame cover it for 6-8 mins.
- Add around 4 ounces of spinach sauce.
- Add one cup of water.
- Let everything boil together for 8-10 mins.
- (Optional) Add 2 tbsp of 18% cream at the end.
Your dish is ready! This delicious palak paneer goes great with roti, nann, paratha or tandoori roti. If you want to make healthy palak paneer use low fat paneer and leave out the cream.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.