Palak Paneer with Shivani's Garam Masala Spice
Blanch your spinach
- 3 cups of water
- 2 lbs of spinach
- ½ inch of ginger
- 2-3 thai green chillies
Add spinach to boiling water. Once the spinach is cooked, remove and add to cold water. We do this so that we don’t lose the colour of spinach.
Lets make Palak Paneer
- Take 425 gm of paneer cut them in the shapes you desire.
- 2 tbsp salted or unsalted butter
- 1 medium sized onion diced small
- 2 big tomatoes diced
- ginger 1/2 inch grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Spice
Lets make it
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a pan
- Add one medium sized onion (diced small) to butter
- Make your onions soft and translucent
- Add tomatoes and ginger
- Add salt to taste
- Make it mushy
- Add spices, turmeric, garam masala spice
- Now add paneer to it and at slow flame cover it for 6-8 mins
- Add around 4 ounces of spinach sauce.
- Add one cup of water
- Let everything boil together for 8-10 mins
- You can add 2 tbsp of 18% cream at the end (optional)
If you want to make healty palak paneer use low fat paneer. And do not add cream at the end.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Made in Nova Scotia.