Palak Paneer with Shivani's Tikka Sauce
What is palak? Spinach What is paneer? Indian cottage cheese
Combine both the spinach and cottage cheese and we make Palak Paneer!
Let us make the spinach sauce first!
- 3 cups of water
- 2 lbs of spinach
- ½ inch of ginger
- 2-3 Thai green chilies
Bring water to a boil and add spinach. Once the spinach is reduced. Remove the spinach and add to cold water. This is done so the spinach doesn't loose its color.
Lets make palak paneer!
- Take 425 gm of paneer and cut in the shapes you desire.
- Add into the pan, then add your Shivani's Ready to Use Tikka Sauce.
- Add salt to taste (optional.)
- Add around 4 ounce of spinach sauce.
- Add one cup of water.
- Let everything boil together for 8-10 mins.
- Optional: Add 2 tbsp of 18% cream (substitute with coconut cream) at the end.
Tips- I always use fresh spinach bought from farmers market. My favorite spinach is from Noberts (Seaport Farmers market & Tantallon Farmers market).
I keep spinach sauce ready in my fridge so whenever I am in the mood to have palak paneer I use it. It keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks.
All of our Ready to Use Sauces are available at Pete's Frootique & Fine Foods or order online here.
All Shivani's Kitchen Ready to Use Sauces are salt-free, gluten-free and have no preservatives! We use fresh ingredients from our local farmers. Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.