Paneer Tikka Masala with Shivani's Tikka Sauce and Garam Masala Spice
Paneer tikka masala is one of the popular dishes served in Indian restaurants. Spicy and flavorful! Paneer is a high protein dish for vegetarians. It's time to learn restaurant style Paneer Tikka Masala
With our tikka sauce it's so easy to make.
Paneer Tikka Masala
- 250 gms paneer
- 3 tablespoons yogurt preferably hung curd or thick curd
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon Shivani's garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 large red bell pepper cored and thinly sliced
- 300 gm Shivani's Tikka sauce
Let's make it!
Marinade the cut/cubed paneer with above mentioned ingredients along with bell pepper for 30- 40 mins.
Then heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, once oil is medium hot add marinated paneer and let cook on slow flame for a few mins. The paneer will be slightly brown on all four sides.
Add tikka sauce to the paneer, then 2 cups of water and give it a boil. Your paneer tikka masala dish is ready!
- Paneer is an Indian cheese that is high in protein, mild in flavor, and absolutely delicious! There are not any direct substitutes, so I really recommend seeking it out. Try Indian grocery stores or delis or a specialty food store. Otherwise, you can substitute with extra firm tofu that has as much moisture pressed out as possible, though I have not tried either of these swaps myself.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice Blends are salt-free and gluten-free. All Shivani's Ready to Use Sauces are salt-free, gluten-free and have no preservatives. We use fresh ingredients from our local farmers for our sauces. Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada!