Spicy Chicken Burger with Shivani's Vindaloo Masala Spice
- 1 tbsp of Shivani’s Vindaloo Spice
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed off
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 burger buns
- 5 iceberg lettuce leaves shredded
- 1 ripe tomato sliced
- 3 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Handful of fresh parsley chopped
Let's make it!
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC
- Add 1 tbsp Shivani's Vindaloo Masala Spice, salt and lemon juice with parsley. Add the chicken and coat well. Marinade it for min 2 hours.
- Place in a small roasting pan and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Baste the chicken halfway with some excess sauce from the bowl.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the parsley and salt. Season well.
- Once the chicken is done, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Then, using 2 forks, shred the chicken and mix with any juices left in the roasting tin.
- Meanwhile, place the buns in the oven to heat through, around 2-3 minutes. Build the burgers; layer lettuce, tomato and 1/3rd the amount of chicken, a heaped spoon of the yogurt mix and top with the final bun. Enjoy.
Extra Flavor - I added some shallow fried onion rings as a topping too for an extra flavor!
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.