Tofu keema (vegan)
Scrambled tofu Kheema
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil/vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground tofu
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon Masala curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, or to taste (optional)
- Pour oil in a skillet over medium heat. stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir tofu into onion mixture; cook until crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes, peas, curry masala, salt, and black pepper into tofu mixture; cook until thickened, about 20 minutes. Garnish with coconut.