Golden Milk with Shivani's Turmeric Spice
Golden Milk made with Shivani's Turmeric Spice
When I came to Canada, I did not know what Golden Milk was. It seemed like it was a very fancy milk, and I wanted to have it. But, then I realized it's the milk my mother used to get me to drink every night.
Since I moved out of my parent's house, I stopped drinking it, but now I am aging and I feel I need the benefits of the turmeric milk. I use fresh turmeric every week.
This is how I make my turmeric milk every night. I actually make it in the evening at 5 pm so that by 8 pm the milk has more yellow color and draws the flavors of the spices out.
This recipe is for 1 glass of milk:
- 1/8 tsp of Turmeric grated.
- Whole milk 1 1/2 cup
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder or you can use a cinnamon stick just throw it in the boiling milk (1/2 inch of cinnamon stick - I prefer a stick)
- Pinch of black pepper grounded
- Sweetener of choice (Sugar, Jaggery, maple syrup)
- Add everything to a sauce pan and boil.
- Whisk frequently.
- Once boiled, let it cool down and enjoy the Golden Milk, with amazing benefits.
Get Shivani's fresh Tumeric online here!