Vegan Indian Potato Chickpea Stew
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pound yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ tbsp Shivani's Kitchen Garam Masala Spice
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 14 ounce chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice squeezed
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp raisins
Let's make it!
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Once oil is warm, add the cumin powder.
- Add fresh garlic and lemon juice.
- Then add all cut vegetables. Sauté for 3-4 mins. Add Shivani's Garam Masala Spice.
- Optional: add salt to your taste.
- Pour in vegetable broth and boil for 2 mins.
- Add chickpeas, cover the pan. Turn heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 mins, and then with a fork check to see if the potatoes are done.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan add the raisins. Toast them until they are brown. Remove from heat. Set aside.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Made in Nova Scotia, Canada!