Vegetarian Lasagna with Shivani's Tikka Sauce
Serves 3-5 people
- 2 packets of Shivani's Tikka Sauce
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut into quarter moon slices of 1 cm
- 50 gm of diced onions
- 25 gm of diced garlic
- 50 gm of cabbage
- 50 gm of broccoli
- 50 gm of cauliflower
- 50 gm of carrots
- 50 ml water
- 40 g grated mozzarella
- 6 lasagna sheets
- 30 g butter
- 30 g flour
- 400 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pan, add onions garlic along with a good pinch of salt. Give the pan a stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add all the vegetables and cook, covered, over a medium heat for another 5 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Add in the Shivani's Tikka Sauce, and 50 ml water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Add another splash of water if it is too thick.
- To make the béchamel, heat the butter in a small pan, add the flour and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes at moderate heat.
- Add the milk, stirring until it has been completely absorbed. Once you have added all the milk, bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Take off the heat and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Build your Lasagna in a small baking dish. Start with around 1/3 of the veggie mix and sauce. Cover with Lasagna sheets and then veggies again. Spoon over some (around ¼) of the béchamel. Cover with the Lasagna sheets and repeat another 1-2 times (depending on the size of your dish). Finish by covering the top sheets with béchamel and, finally, your cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes - cover with silver foil.
- Remove your dish from the oven and remove the silver foil and cook again back until cheese is golden.