Cheezy Paneer Paratha with Shivani's Garam Masala Spice
I have always eaten Paneer Paratha the way it is because that's what my mom taught me. Then - my son taught me how to make even more delicious!
- 2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup water or add as required
- 1 tsp salt
- 350 gm of paneer
- Cilantro finely chopped
- Green Chilies (if you like spicy)
- Onion (one medium) finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Shivani's Kitchen Garam Masala
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp red Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (if available)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- Ghee or unsalted butter (slightly melted) to roast
For Cheesy Stuffing
- 100 gm of Cheddar cheese
Let's make it!
- Take the whole wheat flour, add salt and water as required to knead. Please knead to make a good dough. Not too soft, not too hard. Cover the dough and let it rest for 20 mins
- Now grate the cheese, onions and spices mentioned in the stuffing section and mix it. No butter yet.
- After the dough has rested knead it again 2-3 times and start making round balls.
- Take one round ball, roll in your palms to make it even from all sides.
- Take a small bowl of whole wheat flour and keep it separate. Now roll the ball into the whole wheat flour so that the ball is covered in flour and with a rolling pin make a round shape 4 inch in diameter.
- Now put the paneer stuffing in the round shape in center and fold it from all the sides so that no paneer stuffing comes out. Press it nicely.
- Sprinkle some flour on the rolled paratha. With a rolling pin again make a round shape out of it in 6-7 inch diameter.
Make paratha on grill
- Heat a flat pan or tava and let it warm, and then put the rolled paratha on it. When one side is cooked to 1/4 then flip its sides. and let the other side cook 1/4.
- Flip again and add ghee (or butter) with a spoon - spread it evenly. Flip it and with the same spoon but no ghee on it - press it but keep the spoon moving.
- Now flip it over you will see golden brownish spots, your paratha is ready.
Let's make it cheezy
- The paratha is still hot. With a knife, make incisions on it and cut like you would cut a pizza. Be careful when you are cutting don't cut the entire paratha but only such that one side of the bread opens.
- Flap open the paratha and grate your cheese on it. Serve it like it is, or you can cover it back with the flaps so that cheese gets melted.
- Serve it immediately!
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly Made in Nova Scotia.