I couldn't wait to create this delectable fettuccine dish and added an Indian twist with my Garam Masala Spice. Using tiny veggies and one spice the flavor is velvety, fragrant & comforting!
- 1 small yellow onion diced small.
- 2 small carrots- cut 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium celery stalk- 1/4 inch dice
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or ghee/ unsalted butter
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 sprigs parsley leaf
- Salt optional
- 1/4 tsp Shivani's Kitchen Garam Masala Spice
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano - Reggiano
- 10 ounces Fettuccine
- 1/2 cup cream (light coconut milk or cream, or soy or almond milk)
Let's make it
- Peel and dice the onion really small. Place butter in a skillet, once butter is warm, add onion and sauté it for 1 min. Add carrots and celery, brown everything together on medium-high heat for 5 mins.
- On the other side fill a skillet with water and place over high heat. Cut off the woody bottom part of the asparagus, then peel the remaining bottom. Add1 tsp salt to water and place asparagus in skillet. Cook for 5 mins until asparagus is tender. Take out.
- Boil 6 quarts of water for your pasta. Place over high heat and bring it to a boil. Add 2 tbsp. salt and pasta.
- Wash the zucchini and cut it into quarters, removing the ends. Remove the sees from the pepper and cut them into 1-inch squares.
- Now add the zucchini and pepper to the veggies that are getting sautéed; add a generous amount of pepper (salt is optional). Cook for 15 mins.
- When zucchini is cooked add asparagus (cut it into 1-inch pieces) to the veggies and cook for 1 minute.
- Cut parsley really small and add cream to the veggies. Cook till the cream is thickened.
- When your pasta is soft, drain it and toss it with the cream veggie sauce. Now add the 1/4 tsp garam masala. Add freshly grated Parmigiano - Reggiano and serve at once.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.