Roasting Chicken with Shivani's Garam Masala Spice and Parsley Butter
- Melted salted butter 1 cup
- 1/2 tsp Shivani's Kitchen Garam Masala Spice
- Chopped parsley 1/4 cup
- Grated Lime rind
- Salt to your taste
- Pepper 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- Yogurt for brushing
Let's make it!
- Combine soft butter, garam masala spice , chopped parsley and grated lime rind, garlic and season with pepper (optional salt). Separate the skin from the chicken breast meat, being careful not to tear the skin. Spoon the butter under the skin, smooth the skin with your hands to evenly distribute, then rub remaining butter over the top. Marinade for 30 mins or overnight (you choose).
- Arrange the rack in the center of the oven and heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove chicken from marinade, let excess drip off, and reserve marinade. Let chicken sit at room temperature while oven warms up, about 30 minutes.
- Place chicken, breast side up.
- Brush yogurt on chicken and continue roasting until chicken is well browned, juices run clear when inner thigh is pierced with a knife, legs move easily in the joint, and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the thigh registers160 to 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about another 40 to 50 minutes. Let chicken rest at least 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Your mouth watering Indian flavored roasted chicken is ready! Delish!! Perfect for a family dinner served with fresh and cooling cucumber salad and flatbread.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia.