Gluten Free Veggie Patty with Shivani's Garam Masala Spice
Gluten Free Veggie Patty
- 4 potatoes boiled
- 200g cooked chickpeas, drained
- 30ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 5-6 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 5cm (1in) ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Shivani’s Garam Masala Spice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp Chickpea flour
- 75ml (5 tbsp) water
- 5ml (½ tsp) sea salt
- 2 tbsp corn flour or rice flour (optional)
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs (optional)
- Oil needed for pan frying
Let's make it!
- Boil potatoes until just cooked. Make sure they don’t become too mushy, they should be firm.
- Cool them, in room temperature, not under water.
- Grate the potatoes, and strain the chickpeas. Mash them together. Make sure there are no chunks.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and green Thai chilies (please do not remove the seeds if you like spice.)
- Add chickpea flour, corn flour and bread crumbs.
- Add garam masala, salt, and chili powder.
- On other side, take a small pan, add 1 tsp of oil and once warm, season it with garlic, and once browned, remove from your flame. Once cold add it to the potato chickpea mixture.
- Divide the mixture to equal parts and make the balls.
- Flatten them.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them until golden. Flip and cook both sides. Or you can grill in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 30 min or until they are crisp. Brush them with oil and change sides in between.
All of our spice blends can be found at the following: locations or order online here.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.