And the best part is they are vegan and also gluten free!
• 1 medium sized onions
• 1 cup gram flour/besan/ Chickpea flour
• 1 tsp red chili powder/red mirch powder (optional)
• 1/2 garam masala blend
• Pinch of asafoetida/hing (optional)
• ⅔ cup water
• Pinch of ajwain (optional)
• 1 tsp chaat masala powder for sprinkling on the pakoras (optional)
• 2 Green Chillies (if you like it spicy, please keep the seeds in)
• 2 tsp ginger
• Salt as required
Let's make it!
1. Mix all the dry ingredients with water. Please make sure the batter is not watery as it has to be a thick batter.
2. Check the seasoning.
3. Slice onions thin.
4. Put onions in the chickpea batter.
5. Heat oil for frying in a kadai or pan.
6. Place batter gently in hot oil.
7. Add 5-6 pakoras in hot oil.
8. Fry pakoras till golden and crisp.
9. Drain the pakoras on paper towels to remove excess oil.
10. Finish off the remaining pakoras this way in batches.
Your dish is ready! Serve pakora hot. Sprinkle some chaat masala powder (optional.) You can also serve pakoras with chutney or tomato slices.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.