Vegetarian Lasagna with Shivani's Tikka Sauce
Serves 3-5 people
- 2 packets of Shivani's Tikka Sauce
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut into quarter moon slices of 1cm
- 50 gm of diced onions
- 25 gm of diced garlic
- 50 gm of cabbage
- 50 gm of broccoli
- 50 gm of cauliflower
- 50 gm of carrots
- 50 ml water
- 40 g grated mozzarella
- 6 lasagna sheets
- 30 g butter
- 30 g flour
- 400 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan, add onions garlic along with a good pinch of salt. Give the pan a stir and cook for 5 minutes. Add all the vegetables and cook, covered, over medium heat for another 5 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Add in the Shivani's Tikka Sauce, and 50 ml water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Add another splash of water if it is too thick.
- To make the béchamel, heat the butter in a small pan, add the flour and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes at moderate heat.
- Add the milk, stirring until it has been completely absorbed. Once you have added all the milk, bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute. Take off the heat and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Build your Lasagna in a small baking dish. Start with around 1/3 of the veggie mix and sauce. Cover with Lasagna sheets and then veggies again. Spoon over some (around ¼) of the béchamel. Cover with the Lasagna sheets and repeat another 1-2 times (depending on the size of your dish). Finish by covering the top sheets with béchamel and, finally, your cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes - cover with silver foil.
- Remove your dish from the oven and remove the silver foil and cook again back until cheese is golden.
All of our ready to use sauces can be found on the shelves here or order online here.
All Shivani's Kitchen Ready to Use Sauces are salt-free, gluten-free and have no preservatives! We use fresh ingredients from our local farmers for our sauces. Proudly Made in Nova Scotia, Canada.