A soup that is so creamy! You will want to make it over and over. This recipe is Vegan and Gluten Free!
- 1 tbsp oil (sunflower or extra virgin)
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- ½ tsp garlic minced
- 500 gms of carrot
- 2 tbsp celery chopped
- Salt to taste
- 5 cups of water or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp Shivani’s Garam Masala Spice
- 2 tsp chopped parsley or cilantro
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup croutons (GF)
Instructions - Let's make it!
- In a thick bottom pan heat the oil, add onions and garlic to it.
- Sauté on medium flame until the onions soften.
- Add chopped carrots, celery, and Garam Masala Spice (option to add salt). Mix it.
- Pour the water or vegetable stock and cover with lid. Simmer on low to medium flame unless the carrots become soft.
- Make sure that liquid is not dried off. If it gets dry add ½ cup more water.
- After the carrots are cooked. We're ready to blend the carrots with the left over liquid.
- Blend to a smooth puree, while blending add more ½ cup water depending on the consistency you like.
- Place the entire pureed carrot to the same pot and turn on the flame.
- Keep on stirring the soup and once boiling add parsley or cilantro.
- Switch off the flame and add your ¼ tsp lemon juice.
Serve carrot soup in a bowl or cup and garnish it with croutons and enjoy your SOUP! Delicious!!
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Made in Nova Scotia.