Vegetables with Shivani's Curry Masala Spice
Time to add more vegetables to your meals? This is the perfect dish where you experience layers and layers of happiness!
- 1 chopped turnip
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped rutabegas
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoon chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon Shivani's Kitchen Curry Masala Spice
- 4 tablespoon butter
- Use a 3-quart saucepan with a lid and a pasta strainer that fits the saucepan.
- Wash and peel turnips and rutabagas (just like would you to potatoes). Chop into bite-sized pieces. Place them into the pasta strainer.
- Wash and chop other veggies. Chop the broccoli separately and keep the stems separately.
- Now add carrots, broccoli, and Brussel sprouts on top of turnip and rutabagas.
- Fill your 3-quart saucepan with 4 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of Shivani's Curry Masala Spice, chicken broth. Stir it.
- Put your saucepan on the burner. Let the ingredients boil. Then add the pasta container to the boiling water. Add salt
- Cover your saucepan making sure that there is little room for steam to vent.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Make sure the water doesn’t boil off completely. Add more water if required.
- Add butter on top. As the butter melts it will coat your veggies.
- Steam for 20-25 mins. Use a fork to check the tenderness.
- When you remove the pasta container you will see most of the water has evaporated and left is sweet and savory curry sauce coated to the vegetables.
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada!