Gajar Ka Halwa
Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Pudding) is an Indian sweet dessert made with fresh red carrots, milk, and sugar. It’s a winter delicacy and is popularly served at festivals, weddings, and special occasions. Learn the traditional method to make this Indian dessert.
Shivani's Kitchen Chai Masala
1. Firstly, rinse and peel the skin of carrots, and grate it. You can shred the carrots with the help of a food processor or grate them with a grater. One thing that you need to keep in mind is that, it is important to but fresh and juicy carrots so that they can be easily grated.
2. Now heat a heavy wok/kadhai on high flame and add grated carrots and saute well for 2 to 3 minutes and stir well in between.
3. After sautéing, add powered sugar according to your taste to the carrots and mix well.
4. Further, cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally until the carrots are cooked well and the water reduces.
5. Now turn the gas to medium flame, and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until the pudding/halwa thickens.
6. Now turn off the flame and add 1 teaspoon of Shivani's Kitchen Chai Masala and 1 cup milk and mix well.
7. Now it is upto you to add nuts like almonds and cashews to the recipe to enhance the flavor.
8. Finally, once the gajar ka halwa cools down serve it as a dessert, you can also enjoy this delicacy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you prefer your dessert to be both chilled and hot at the same time.
To Buy Shivani's Kitchen Chai Masala