I wanted to do something different with my haddock fish other than the wet curry, so I tried this - and it turned out amazing. Vindaloo Masala Spice makes it spicy and I love it!
- 300 gm of haddock
- Shivani's Kitchen Vindaloo Masala Spice
- Curry leaves chopped – 1 tsp (optional)
- Cilantro leaves – 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- Onion – half cup
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Salt (optional)
- Ginger – 1 inch minced
- Garlic 1 clove minced
- Mustard oil 1 tsp
Lets make it
- Marinate the haddock with mustard oil (1 tsp), ½ tsp Shivani's Vindaloo Masala Spice, salt, ginger and garlic for around 20-25 mins.
- On other side dice the onion small and take 1 tbsp of mustard oil, add the onion (caramelize them). Please use a non-stick pan.
- Once onions are brown add cilantro leaves and together sauté them for 2 mins.
- Now take the onions and cilantro removed from the pan and add a little bit more oil (1 tbsp) in the center to the same pan and fry the haddock in that oil on medium flame.
- Once haddock starts to get brown, flip the sides and brown it from other sides too. Now add the onion and cilantro mixture to the haddock and break the haddock and mix it nicely with the onion cilantro mixture. Add ½ tsp of Shivani's Vindaloo Masala Spice more now.
- Sauté this for 5 mins at a medium flame. Turn off the flame and cover with a lid.
- After 5 mins garnish with more fresh cilantro leaves and serve with your basmati rice! Enjoy!
All Shivani's Kitchen Spice blends are salt-free and gluten-free! Proudly made in Nova Scotia, Canada.